All Smith Basses are 100% handmade in USA at our shop in Perkasie, PA
- Highest Quality & Playable Handmade Basses since 1979
- All Woods are selected by Ken Smith for every Bass
- In-house Exotic Wood Lumberyard with over 20 species of Aged Exotic Tonewoods
- Final set-up of every Bass is still done by Ken Smith
- From beginning to end, Ken is supervising the making of your Bass every step of the way
- Where can I buy Smith Basses?
To Purchase a Smith Bass, please feel free to Contact us via e-mail or phone so we can direct you to the best source.
All About Ken Smith Basses
Did you know that Ken Smith is a Modern Bass Pioneer? He has pioneered, developed, and introduced many of the features used on today’s Basses that are now industry standards.
|1979||Printed Circuit Board Electronics|
|1980||Graphite Inlaid Neck|
|1980||Detented Balance Control|
|1980||Detented EQ Controls|
|1981||Wide Neck 6 String Bass|
|1981||Low 'B' Design .128 & .130|
|1983||Wide Neck 5 String Bass|
|1983||Taper Core Bass Strings|
|1983||Compact Quick Release Bridge|
|1986||Replacement Bass/Treble Circuit|
|2004||18-Volt 3-Band BMT Circuit with Internal DIP Switches|
|2009||PAPA Pre-Amp/Practice-Amp (Smith BMT in a Box!)|
|1978 to the present||All wood selection & final set-up for every Bass is still done by the founder of the company, Ken Smith|
These are some of the features and innovations that separate us from the rest.
“That’s why nothing feels & sounds like a Smith Bass!”